Tuesday 9 January 2018

when using a mac VM with VMWare, how do I use command key within the VM?


I have a apple computer, and am running the apple operating system within a VM on that machine. The VM is running with VMWare.


How do I send keyboard combos that use the command key to the VM? When I use the command key with the VM open, fullscreen or not, the keyboard combination always goes to the host instead of the VM. So, for instance, if I hit command-Q then the entire VM closes instead of the program I have open in the VM.


(The VM does have the VM client tools installed)


Its really killing me to having to mouseclick everything in the VM.



Answer



Just had to figure this out myself.


Click the Wrench icon or choose Settings from the Virtual Machine Window. Click "Keyboard and Mouse" and choose the Mac profile.


I also had to reboot my VM afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...