Friday 5 January 2018

trying to disable laptop keyboard using gpedit.msc

Water was spilled on my laptop keyboard, and now most keys dont work, while other keys just stick and input the key continuously. I've purchased a usb keyboard, but now im trying to disable the keyboard of my laptop.


I found this article explaining how to disable the keyboard using gpedit.msc, but my version of windows doesn't have it so I had to download a gpedit.msc file here


I got gpedit.msc working, but when I go to edit the Device Installation settings as listed in the first answer on how to use gpedit.msc, the option isn't there. There's no option for Device Installation in Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->System.


I'm pretty stuck. I also tried downloading DevCon, but when i run DevCon it just pops up the command prompt window for a split second and then it closes. I'm really lost, help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...