Wednesday 3 January 2018

Nginx and Ubuntu on Windows


I've downloaded an anniversary update for windows 10 and I've turn on Linux subsystem. I can normally install apache2 and everything is good, but when I try install nginx, yeah, it's install but it doesn't work. No message, no error, has anyone tried to set up nginx server on ubuntu on windows?



Answer



I was having the same issue and found this


In short:


Add master_process off; on nginx.conf Remove the ipv6 listener on the default site.


Finally if sudo service start nginx is not working for you, try loading it directly using sudo /usr/sbin/nginx and kill it. (sudo service start nginx didn't work for me the first time, i don't know why).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...