Friday 5 January 2018

macos - OSX Remap decrease volume key


I recently managed to spill some tea on my Apple keyboard. After letting it dry out, the only damage done was the loss of the F11 / decrease volume key.


While certainly cheaper than losing the whole thing, it is pretty annoying to be able to increase volume with the key, and having to use the mouse to decrease it.


Any way to remap the decrease volume function to, say, cmd + F12?


Thanks in advance!



Answer



You could use KeyRemap4MacBook.




  1. Save a file like this as private.xml






    Control-F12 to F11
    6E789935-7B50-45F5-8970-D2C6EFFEA397
    --ConsumerToConsumer-- ConsumerKeyCode::VOLUME_UP, VK_CONTROL, ConsumerKeyCode::VOLUME_DOWN
    --ConsumerToConsumer-- ConsumerKeyCode::VOLUME_UP, VK_CONTROL, VK_OPTION, VK_SHIFT, ConsumerKeyCode::VOLUME_DOWN, VK_OPTION, VK_SHIFT




  2. Press the Reload XML button and enable the remapping in the first tab




No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...