Monday 8 January 2018

How to stop excel copying adjecent formatting


Excel seems to be determined to copy the format of an adjacent cell. For instance, when I have a cell that has a green background with a number in it, then when entering a number in an adjacent cell the background also becomes green. This is extremely annoying in many cases and requires me to clear the background.


Is there a way to turn this "Excel thinks for me" feature off?



Answer



Yes, there is this feature in Excel to Turn on or off extended formats and formulas.


For Excel 2007:
1. Click on Office Button enter image description here at the top left of the screen.
2. At the bottom, you will see the Excel Options button. Click it to open Excel Options Window.
3. Select Advanced from the list on the left side.
4. Uncheck Extend data range formats and formulas.


enter image description here


For Older versions of Excel:


Go to the Tools, Options and select the Edit Tab, then uncheck the Extend list formats and formulas.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...