Monday 1 January 2018

How can i see if my SSD needs to have TRIM run against it?

I'm getting intermittent performance issues with my intel SSD (X25-M 160GB). every few days the Disk Queue Length gets very high and the machine effectively locks up - queue length being 10 to 15 for about 30 seconds.


Is there a way to see if the SSD needs to have TRIM run against it? I.e. some way to see how many blocks are marked as dirty. I have got the Intel SSD optimizer which will manually run TRIM but would like to know for sure this is solving the problem - always a pain with intermittent bugs!


System is running Win 7 64 bit. The workload it seems to have most problems with a compilation of a large solution - it's writing a high number of small files (approx 10K)


Update:



  • The SSD is Intel SSDSA2M 160G2GC

  • Firmware version is 2CV102M3 (previously was 2CV102HD)

  • Driver is the default MS driver 6.1.7600.16385

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...