Thursday 4 January 2018

Elantech touchpad recognized as PS/2 mouse Ubuntu 13.10

My Elantech touchpad won't work correctly in Ubuntu 13.10 (I had the same problem with 13.04). I can move the cursor and left/right click, but the sensitivity is too high, no scrolling, and no multitouch.


Under System Settings / Mouse & Touchpad, I have no touchpad tab.


This is the result of xinput --list


   ⎡ Virtual core pointer                       id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ PS/2 Elantech Touchpad id=11 [slave pointer (2)]
⎜ ↳ ELAN Touchscreen id=13 [slave pointer (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Power Button id=6 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Video Bus id=7 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Power Button id=8 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Sleep Button id=9 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard id=10 [slave keyboard (3)]
↳ Integrated Camera id=12 [slave keyboard (3)]

I have tried updating the kernel and installing either psmouse-elantech-v6 and psmouse-elantech-v7 drivers, but nothing helped.


What else could I try? Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...