Sunday 7 January 2018

command line - How can I force a program to open in a specific desktop?

I've created an environment where I use 3 different desktop configurations, but every time I reboot, I have to manually open each program in that target desktop to make it look like it did before.


So, I'd like to write a .bat file that can get all my programs running in their appropriate desktops. I'm wondering if something like this is possible:


"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -desktop:2
"C:\Program Files\My\Other\Software.exe" -desktop:3
...etc.

Obviously, this example is not real, but I hope there's something similar. I don't care if it's hacky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...