Thursday 20 December 2018

windows 8.1 - Partition of C drive


Not able to perform partition of C drive. I bought HP laptop windows 8.1 initially I shrink my C drive using disk management then it was done, but now when there is 170 GB free on my C drive and i want to shrink C drive to create one more drive of 50 GB, but it is giving only 13 MB to shrink.


enter image description here



Answer



Try deleting some or all system restore points.


To do this, right click on this pc, go to properties, click system protection in left side menu, then click on configure and then click delete to remove all system restore points.


Try creating partitions after this. It should work. If it still is not working, you should defragment the drive and try again.


Note : You should immediately create a restore point after partitioning since it is a good safety measure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...