Monday 17 December 2018

perl - How to pass bash variables (passwords) to IRSSI config file?

I'm using IRSSI and I wonder how can I pass my IRC channel's passwords to the IRSSI config file (~/.irssi/config) without writing them directly in the file.


In Mutt I've an awk command that queries a local file in my encrypted home folder, something like this:


set my_pass1=`awk '/fradeve_gmail:/ {print $2}' ~/.mutt/muttpass`
set my_pass2=`awk '/fradeve_inventati:/ {print $2}' ~/.mutt/muttpass`

Is there a similar solution for IRSSI?


PS: obviously I don't want to keep the IRSSI config file in my encrypted home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...