Monday 17 December 2018

gmail - Extension for Chrome that redirects you to an existing tab if you try and open the same url



I guess I'm looking for a "unique tab" extension that would behave as follows:



  1. I open a new tab and type in "mail.google.com"

  2. It looks for an already open tab with that url

  3. If found, it takes me to that tab and closes the current one.


It should also work the same if I follow a link, like to google calendar - to find the existing calendar tab, rather than a new one.


Basically, I find it easier and faster to open a new tab rather than find an existing one. Which means I have like 4 calendar tabs open. Which means every alarm goes off 4 times...



Answer



EDIT Previously linked extension doesn't work. Only One, however appears to work flawlessly.



This should do the trick for you, though the logic is a bit differet in that it closes the OLD tab and opens the NEW tab. Same effect in the end though.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...