Friday 16 November 2018

router - How to extend Wi-Fi signal across rooms?

I moved into a new place and my old Wi-Fi router just doesn't have the range to get into all the rooms. I've been investigating a lot of options and I'm wondering what other folks have done here. Moving the current location of my primary Wi-Fi router is not an option thanks to our cable provider and our landlord.



  • Buy a bigger, beefier router (seems expensive). If so, should I go for one of those draft 802.11n ones to avoid microwave/other Wi-Fi router interference?

  • Set up a router with DD-WRT as a repeater

  • Leech the neighbors' open Wi-Fi access point.


Alright, I was kidding about the last one but I'm genuinely curious as to what my best option is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...