Monday 19 November 2018

macos - How to open StarOffice Writer files in OS X


I came across some old StarOffice Writer (.sdw) files that I really would like to open.


I have tried opening them with Apache Open Office and LibreOffice. The first one doesn't seem to support .sdw files anymore, and LibreOffice freezes every time I try to open the file.


I have searched for solutions online, but I haven't been able to find any help for OS X. The whole matter seems pretty obscure these days.


Unfortunately, I don't have access to an old copy of StarOffice on a CD or anything like that. Would anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?



Answer



It seems like LibreOffice dropped support for StarOffice files after version 3.6.7.2.


I downloaded LibreOffice 3.6.7.2 from their old binaries archive and opened the file, and then exported to ods and pdf, worked fine.


LibreOffice 3.6.7.2 was released in 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...