Wednesday 14 November 2018

linux - Remote sharing of a terminal

At work, I fire-up a terminal and start executing some huge process(which may take couple of hours to complete) and leave office. When I reach home, I want to check what is happening to the process(not just checking if it is still running or not but to see the output as well). Is there a way to get connected to the same terminal and view the ongoing process.


Basework: I tried reading about this utility called screen. But it allows my remote machine to attach to the session that I started at work. It doesn't allow me to connect to that shell and see the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...