Monday 12 November 2018

backup - How to show progress of "File History" in Windows8?


By using the 'File History' of Windows8 I can backup my stuff (or rather, my 'libraries'). I enable the feature and then ... the magic happens in the background.


How can I see the progress? How many of my files are "now" backed up?



Answer



Right now there is neither a visual tool to get the progress NOR something that could be hacked together via the FileHistory API (and I tried it):




  • IFhConfigMgr::QueryProtectionStatus - ProtectedUntilTime refers to the last successfull run date




  • the other calls are good to configure the service or retrieve configuration (exclude-lists, backup-destinations, schedule, etc etc).




Bummer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...