Friday 16 November 2018

Advice Please: Upgrade to Windows 7 even if Laptop vendor does not supply drivers?


This question sort of extends my other question.


I have contacted Hp support and they say that they will not be providing drivers for Windows 7 for my machine.


How safe and practical is it to just install Windows 7 without drivers or maybe with the Vista drivers. What will I functionality will I lose? Is it better to just install Vista? HP says they do not recommend running the laptop without drivers.



Answer



Best advice: Do what the manufacturer suggests.


Practical advice: Vista drivers usually work fine. We can't really tell you how safe it will be since we don't have your machine to test it on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...