Sunday 21 October 2018

windows - Disable microphone for certain program


I don't want that certain program use my microphone. This isn't configuration in app to do it. Program use mic anyways.
So I wonder how to disable mic for it in windows? Any ideas? I use Windows 8.


UDP. It's two program which use my microphone. I need to block one.


UDP2. One of this program is Skype. I want that Skype work well. Another program use mic too, and my friends hear me twice. This is annoying, so i want block second program access to mic. I use simple microphone in my headset.



Answer



Sorry, but simple answer is NO. In windows you cannot turn off or block microphone for specyfic program.


However you can try to workaround this:




  1. Install some virtual audio device (Virtual Audio Cable or whatever that can appear as microphone in sound devices in Windows).




  2. Set this virtual device as default communication device


    Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound(Manage Audio Devices) > Recording.


    Right click your virtual/fake device, and click "Set as default communication device". Hopefully your program will "listen" to that fake default device instead of microphone.




  3. Skype will use it too by default, however in Skype you can go to configuration and set your real microphone manually.




If "default communication device" trick will not work - try to set virtual device as default recording device.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...