Thursday 25 October 2018

windows - Does the Virtual PC XP Mode need safety measures?


Does the Virtual PC XP-Mode (or any other virtualized mode) require safety measures, such as antivirus or a firewall?


I'm just wondering if the XP-Mode would be a large security loophole, since it's so much more integrated into Windows 7. Actually I'm wondering the same for Portable Ubuntu, are their any safety measures I should undertake, so that I don't open a backdoor on my computer.



Answer



Yes. In essence, It is still just regular old virtualization, same as used in VMWare or VirualBox. Just because they share the same start menu items, does not make it any less (or more) secure.


You should always be taking the appropriate measures and cautions as with anything else. If you use antivirus, install it on both the host and guest OS.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...