Thursday 25 October 2018

windows 7 - Is there a way to "disconnect" a mapped network drive, but NOT remove the mapping?

For example, when I type net use I might see something like:


Status        Local       Remote
OK H: \\server\home folders\me
Unavailable I: \\serverA\share1
Disconnected J: \\serverB\share2
Reconnecting K: \\serverC\share3

When this happens, Windows Explorer has 10 - 20 second delays when doing something as simple as creating a new folder on my C: drive. After a while, the K: drive will change to say "Disconnected".


What I want to do is somehow force the K: drive to be Disconnected or Unavailable, but without losing the authenticated mapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...