Sunday 21 October 2018

email - Exporting Thunderbird from Win7 32bit to Win7 64bit


I am trying to export my thunderbird mails and mail accounts from my old win7 32bit to a new win7 64 bit.


Both have the same version (16.0.1). Earlier in this situation I just copy the Thunderbird folder found under my user data account (tried both local and roaming), but this is not working in this scenario.


I also tried to use Thunderbird export/import function, but it gives me a blank screen. This is what I am talking about:


enter image description here



Answer



Instead of exporting and importing, you could copy all your mail data and profile across. After copying, open %AppData%\Roaming\Thunderbird\profiles.ini in Notepad and update the Path to the directory where your profile is and ensure that Default is set to 1. If you don't have a profiles.ini file, run Thunderbird to create a new profile (you won't be using this profile later and can delete it).


Your profiles.ini should look like this:



[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1


[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=0
Path=(Give The Complete Path To Your Profile Here)
Default=1



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...