Sunday 21 October 2018

usb - Cannot write, format, nor erase flash drive


I have a 4gig flash drive, which I can read from but not write on, erase, nor format in any computer (tried in 7 different computers including xp, vista, and win7).


I want to erase all the data inside because it is useless. Once I erase something, it erases it and gives me an error that it can't find the file. Once I refresh the folder, the file comes back. I tried holding Shift + Del. I also tried to use the command to format it in safe mode, but it says "access denied". I don't have a write protection button or whatever it is on my flash drive. It's just a simple small 4 gig one.



Answer




I want to erase all the data inside because it is useless.



If the data might be useful to a criminal, break open the casing until you can see the memory chips. Use a hammer to drive a nail through the chips.



It's just a simple small 4 gig one



You can probably replace it for $5-$10. Don't spend too long trying to get it working.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...