Sunday 21 October 2018

Windows 7 icons rearrange themselves


To begin with, Auto arrange icons and Align icons to grid are turned off.


The machine has 3 monitors attached. I like to put my gadgets on one, icons on another, and leave the main desktop space pretty clear.


When we use Switch User, the icons rearrange themselves for no apparent reason. This sometimes occurs just after a reboot.


How can I tell windows to stop doing that?



Answer



Get DesktopOK - it will save and restore the positions of icons.


alt text


DesktopOK is freeware, works for Windows Server 2000/2003/2005 and Windows 98/XP/Vista and Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit.


Alternatively, try this Vista 'registry hack':


Save and Restore Desktop Icon Layout in Windows Vista


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...