Sunday 28 October 2018

usb - Certain thumbdrives keep a system from going out of the boot screen

I have an old r51 which I boot off USB. Apparently, if I have a Toshiba 2GB thumbdrive similar to this plugged in:


enter image description here


... or an old imation 1GB drive plugged in, it won't boot at all - it freezes in the BIOS loading screen until it's unplugged. I need to try it on another system but I'm wondering what could be causing it - since I suppose this is at a lower level than filesystem, and the drives work fine otherwise - even being readable if inserted after the system is booted from another source, with neither drive plugged in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...