Wednesday 24 October 2018

webserver - Change the visible footer in Apache directory pages


When I visit a directory listing page on my Apache server, this footer is visible:


Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at localhost Port 80

How is it possible to modify parts of this footer to my liking?



Answer



Use the ReadmeName directive to mod_autoindex in the server configuration file (or in .htaccess if that is allowed). Example:



This is a test footer.



# This would be in the config file or .htaccess file
ReadmeName /FOOTER.html

Another option: omit the leading forward slash to have httpd instead look for a FOOTER.html file in the listed directory, which you might want to hide in the listing:


ReadmeName FOOTER.html
IndexIgnore FOOTER.html

If no FOOTER.html file exists in a directory, the default footer giving the server version will be displayed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...