Thursday 25 October 2018

gnupg - Are GPG and SSH keys interchangable?


I want to generate an RSA key in GPG and use it in SSH login. Is this even possible? If so, how?


edit: see @wwerner's answer, I didn't try it but it seems to be the current solution (as of 2018)



Answer



I know this is an old post, but for people like me stumbling over this:


It is now (since gpg 2.1) possible to simply extract ssh keys directly using gpg: gpg --export-ssh-key !.


The ! mark is optional, it makes the primary key exportable and omits checking whether the key is authentication-capable ([CA]).


Details:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...