Thursday 25 October 2018

partitioning - How do I identify the file system used on a partition?


Let's say I have a disk which has undergone corruption and I can't boot it anymore.


How can I identify out the file system that has been used for the disk partition in an easy way?



Answer



On a Linux system you could use Gpart to scan your disc and guess your partitions.


A live CD version that contains this tool can be found here.


You could download one of the many Linux Rescue ISO images, burn it to a CD, and boot from it. It surely will have this tool or another similar one, better check before downloading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...