Sunday 28 October 2018

hardware failure - No black ink printing for MFC 490CW Brother printer?


I have a Brother model MFC 490CW color printer than has three color ink and one black ink cartridge.


I've replaced the black ink cartridge, but I still get no black ink being printed, the three color inks are printing correctly. What could be going wrong and how might I fix this? The printer had been idle for about nine months, could there be some kind of clogging? The printer's clean utility did not help.



Answer



I cleared the ink jets on a brother MFC-490CW on the first try.



  1. I had no black after 3 or 4 Power_P ALL cycles.

  2. I took the alcohol injection route.

  3. I removed all 4 ink cartridges.

  4. Using a flashlight,I found the inlet tube for the black ink.

  5. Using the thin rubber tube from an antifreeze tester which fit snugly over the black ink inlet tube,I injected about 1/4-1/2 oz. of Everclear(90% ethyl alcohol) into the tube under pressure.

  6. replaced ink cartridges.

  7. I ran the Power_P cycle once more.

  8. Black functioned 99% on first test page and 100% on second.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...