Tuesday 4 September 2018

windows 7 - Laptop screen is suddenly rotated


I turned my laptop upside down to get some dust that had gathered under the keyboard to fall out. But then suddenly, everything was sideways. The entire desktop had turned 90 degrees, the trackpad also worked sideways.


Is it broken? I'm running Windows 7.



Answer



If you have an Intel video card (most likely with new Intel processors), hitting Ctrl + Alt + an arrow key triggered the screen rotation. Try hitting Ctrl + Alt + down arrow to restore the default.


In Intel video settings you can change the shortcut or disable altogether, as shown on my screenshot. I opened this media control panel by double clicking on the system tray icon.


Enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...