Monday 17 September 2018

partitioning - Make partition readonly / invisible for windows but not for Linux

I have got a usb flash drive with 3 partitions:
A Fat32 partition which is for transferring data between pcs,
another Fat32 partition on which I have installed Linux Mint (live usb)
and finally an ext4 partition which I use as persistent storage in Mint.


I am often switching between Windows and Linux and my problem now is that Windows always shows all three partitions and asks me to format the third partition. In order to protect the latter two partitions from me or somebody else accidentally formatting partition 3 or destroying data in partition 2, I would like them to be invisible (or at least write protected) in Windows systems but not in Linux systems (as I obviously need to write to them when booting into Mint).


Does anyone have an idea on how to accomplish this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...