Wednesday 19 September 2018

microsoft office - MS Word: How to disable spell/grammar checking on a custom style


I often write documents that contain code snippets in them. I created a custom code style so I can quickly differentiate words or paragraphs that are code.


However, C++ code is not easy on Word's spell checker. How do I disable the spell checker from marking all my funnyVariableNames as misspelled?



Answer




  1. Right click on the style in the Quick Style Gallery

  2. Click on Modify

  3. In the bottom left corner of the popup click on the Format menu

  4. Click on Language

  5. Select the check box "Do not check spelling or grammer"

  6. Click OK on the Language dialog box

  7. Click OK on the Modify Style dialog box


The spell checking will not immediately disappear. But new words you create in that style will not be checked. Restarting Word works too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...