Tuesday 13 March 2018

windows - How do I replace PowerShell 5 with PowerShell 6 as my system default?

I currently have both installed in Windows 10, and have no problem opening either from the start menu. They can be used side-by-side.


However, I have need trick that when in a folder in Windows Explorer, if I hit Alt+F, the menu that pops up including a choice to Open Windows PowerShell. That menu item has twp hotkeys, R and S, and hitting S split the menu item into 2: one to open PowerShell in Admin mode and one to open it with normal privilege.


So to open a PowerShell console, in admin mode, from a folder in Explorer, I just hit Alt+F,S,A, and bang, Powershell 5 opens.


I would like to know if and how I can trick this menu or hotkey combo to open PowerShell 6 instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...