Sunday 11 March 2018

windows - Firefox auto-update for school administration

Is there a way to let an administrator (or root on mac) type a password once to set up auto updates for Firefox? This would need to survive a reboot, as well as not require the browser to be running constantly either.


A command line solution would be probably even better.


The scenario is that the school administration doesn't install Firefox at all anymore mainly because of the fast update schedule. If Firefox could silently update itself when it needed to, they might be more friendly towards the idea. Internet access is not a problem whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...