Saturday 10 March 2018

Windows 10 Disable Animations via regedit/script


Is there a way to turn off the "Play animations in Windows" setting via command line (batch/vbs/reg commands, etc.)? Normally, you have to navigate to PC Settings > Ease of Access > Other Options and the setting is at the top, under Visual options; you have to slide the setting to Off.


I need to implement the disabling of this feature in a script. I have already tried setting the VisualFxSetting registry parameter to 2 (see this SO thread) and it seems to turn off all the other stuff, but not this one setting. You can test whether or not it is enabled by maximizing/minimizing a window.


Thanks for any pointers.



Answer



Not sure how to change the toggle, but this will turn the animations off. Restart or re-login after running as Admin.


REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" /v MinAnimate /t REG_SZ /d 0 /f >nul 2>&1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...