Saturday 10 March 2018

Why doesn't my new computer show video?


I've just built a new PC and I'm having problems when starting up for the first time:



  1. I get no video

  2. The system powers on for several seconds, then powers off for a few seconds before powering on again and remaining on (there is no video output at any stage)


The CPU fan is spinning freely, as are the case fans so it's not overheating. The mobo green light remains on.


I've tried unplugging the HD and CD player from their SATA connections but no change. I don't believe the case has a speaker so I'm not hearing any beeps. Also I've tried removing 1 of the 2 strips of RAM, and then all the RAM. In both cases I get the same behavior described above in point 2.


System specs:



  • Mobo: Asus P5Q-EM

  • CPU: Intel 6300

  • RAM: 4GB DDR2

  • No GPU card (on-board graphics only)

  • No other cards attached


Do I have a component failure?



Answer



You might want to check if the motherboard needs two power connections and if so both are connected properly, sometimes there is a second smaller 4 way connector near the CPU.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...