Thursday 1 March 2018

linux - Bootloader can't load Windows?


I am using Windows 7 and it's installed on Local Disk C. I also installed Linux on another Local Disk. Because of the lack of storage, I formatted the local disk of Linux and merged the space with C.


Now, when I turn on the computer, it just restarts continuously.


Is there a way to solve it?


Note that the Windows files exist on the hard drive, its label is Local disk (G).



Answer



This error may be due to some issues with the botloader. To fix boot loader you may try this.


Grab a Windows recovery media or installation CD and boot from it.On the installation media you will see an option to repair your computer.Click "Repair your computer" and you can Open the Command Prompt, then type



bootrec /fixmbr



into the Command Prompt and then reboot your system.


This article here might help you achieve it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...