Sunday 11 March 2018

How to recover BitLocker encrypted partition that is now 'unallocated'/'free space'?

My hard drive had five partitions, including one some 4-5 GB BitLocker encrypted one. When I used Disk Management I could view two partitions (24.4 GB and 8.94 GB) in green colour labelled Empty space.


So, I wanted to merge them and I used MiniTool partition wizard for the purpose. I don't know what that software did, but all I was left with was two partitions and lots of green free space.


I recovered two partitions using EaseUS partition master, but the BitLocker encrypted partition cannot be searched by it, nor by MiniTool partition recovery.


Now, the Disk Management shows a free space partition and an unallocated partition, of 28.36 GB and 8.94 GB, respectively.  Here is a screenshot:


Disk Management


Please, tell me a way to recover the BitLocker-encrypted partition that is showing as a free space in Disk Management.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...