Saturday 10 March 2018

Game Servers through OpenVPN

I am hosting several game servers on my home server, and I am trying to hide my IP address by the traffic through a server my friend lets me use. I have set up openvpn on the server using the install script from https://github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install and it is running fine, I am able to connect to it with seemingly no errors. I have tested it and I am definitely able to access the internet and etc through the VPN, but I cannot access my game servers through the VPN. I connect my linux server to the VPN, and the I try to connect to it through : and it doesn't work. Web servers don't work as well, I seemingly am unable to connect to anything. Here is the ovpn file used to connect, any help is appreciated, I am not sure what I am missing.


client
dev tun
proto udp
sndbuf 0
rcvbuf 0
remote
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
remote-cert-tls server
auth SHA512
cipher AES-256-CBC
setenv opt block-outside-dns
key-direction 1
verb 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...