Sunday 11 March 2018

acer aspire one - How can I recover my notebook from a failed BIOS update?

I have an Acer ZG5 netbook. After 1 year of using Ubuntu, I installed Windows 7 on it. Additionally, I installed a BIOS update that was supposed to fix battery issues. However, it restarted and would fall into a loop of restarting once it hit the Windows login as if it never actually flashed the BIOS.


Then I proceeded to do a BIOS restore per the instructions found here in which one copies the image unto a USB and tries to reset the BIOS by starting with Fn+Esc pressed.
At this point I did this with the correct BIOS (I double checked), but since this point, my computer never started again.
I tried to reset the BIOS again but it would not read from the USB. I even tried it with a USB floppy to no avail.


So right now I have a computer whose components work, but which only shows a blank screen when turned on but does nothing.


Does anybody have any idea what to do? Or maybe even any ideas as to what to do with the components?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...