Tuesday 20 March 2018

accessibility - Upgrading and installing packages through the Cygwin command-line?


I'm a blind computer user that uses Cygwin.


The installation program isn't very accessible: upgrading, installing, and removing specific packages is quite hard to do since you have to use simulated mouse keystrokes to click and scroll.


Is there a way to either manually install/upgrade packages or install/upgrade them through the command-line?



Answer



Install apt-cyg:


lynx -source https://raw.githubusercontent.com/transcode-open/apt-cyg/master/apt-cyg > apt-cyg
install apt-cyg /bin

After that you'll be able to install say the package "lynx" including dependencies by running:


apt-cyg install lynx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...