Saturday 14 October 2017

networking - Wifi Neighbor Triangulation

Is it possible to discover signal strength between two devices that are connected to the same network?


Devices


   A. Cell Phone WiFi
   B. WiFi enabled device
   C. Wireless Router


Both A & B are connected to C on the same network. I would like to be able to discover the relative signal strength between A and B.


The goal is to enable B detect when A appears to perform an action like turn on a light switch or a coffeemaker.


My current research shows this is not possible unless I add a separate WiFi / detector to B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...