Friday 13 October 2017

Dynamic email sorting in Outlook 2013?

I'm part of an organization that uses Atlassian Jira for work tracking. My problem is that our system generates a truly suffocating amount of spam emails, 99% of which are utterly useless noise, and 1% of which are in critical need of my attention. Therefore, I cannot ignore them entirely. Unfortunately, this is not something our Jira administrators are willing to admit or change.


The worst part about all this is that for some reason, the format of the subjects, the email body, or some other part of the message breaks Outlook email threading. Therefore, I have to read through them in a jumbled pool of effectively meaningless field updates. To cope with this, I would like to be able to sort the emails together so that I can at least read updates in groups, one issue at a time. I'm hoping email rules can rise to this challenge.


Any email that comes from this system has a subject that looks like "Jira [Project###]" where "Project" is the name of the project and "###" is the issue number within that project. Is there some way I can make Outlook group these into folders based on this information?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...