Tuesday 20 November 2018

Windows 10 open with context menu does not show network applications

When right clicking a file in Explorer in my Windows 10, the sub menu of the context menu entry Open with is empty. I only have the option Choose another app


When i click on the Home tab in explorer and I click on the open dropdown, I correctly get the list of associated applications for a file type.


So my question is: How can I fix the right click context menu to show the list of associated applications?


After some googling I already tried this registry file:


Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With]
@="{09799AFB-AD67-11d1-ABCD-00C04FC30936}"

But that didn't fix the problem and seems to be only to restore the Open with entry if it is completely missing.


Update: It seems the context menu only shows programs from my local hard drives, and does not list programs that are on a network share. So how do I get the applications from my network share listed. (I use a drive mapping for the network share)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...