Sunday 4 November 2018

mount - Automount in Ubuntu 9.10


By default Ubuntu doesn't mount internal NTFS hard drives automatically. A fstab solution not working properly, because of conflicts with the "intelligent" mount system. If I add my hd in fstab and reboot - it will be mounted. But if I go to nautilus, open places panel and click eject button (unmount) and than click on hd again to mount it, I will get an error.


In 9.04 to solve this problem you need to modify hal rules in /etc/hal/... preferences.fdi in my case I modified it for only one drive.







false


true





But this is not working in 9.10 - devs removed this function from hal to devkit-disk or udev? I don't know. Could you please tell me where automount rules are stored in 9.10? And how to create new rules, and what program controls automount in 9.10?



Answer



I found solution finally. Just add


gnome-mount -p Data(change it to your volume label)

to gnome startup applications. Now drive will be mounted at startup and you will be able to mount/unmount it without any errors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...