Wednesday 17 October 2018

wireless networking - Using WWAN and WiFi simultaneously

I have a Windows 10 Tablet that has a WWAN 4G Modem and a WiFi adapter. The WiFi adapter is used to talk to another local computer (not connected to the internet), and the 4G Modem is used to talk to the internet. Independently, they work great. However, when they are both turned on at the same time and connected to their respective network/device, only one of them has a priority over the other at any given time that I cannot seem to find a way to control. So either the WWAN works and I can access the internet but am not able to talk to the other computer over WiFi (ping/ftp), or when the WiFi has the priority I can ping/ftp into the local computer, but am not able to access the internet with the WWAN. I tried turning off Automatic Metric from the Network Adapter Settings and set the Interface Metric with a higher number for one adapter and a lower for another, and then switched them, but it seems that the WWAN has the priority both times.


Note: I disconnected from the WiFi Network and used an Ethernet cable to connect this tablet to the local computer just as a test, and everything was working fine (without any changes to the Interface Metrics).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...