Tuesday 16 October 2018

Hide annoying VMware hint "To release input, press Ctrl+Alt"

I'm running VMWare Workstation 7 on Windows 7 x64. In the guest OS (also Windows 7 x64) I have VMWare Tools installed, but the VMWare Tools service is disabled. I run the VM in full screen mode and the VMWare toolbar at the top often displays this tooltip:



To release input, press Ctrl+Alt



This tooltip obscures a part of the VM (often the menu of a program I'm using) and it's annoying as hell. Going out of full screen mode and into it again gets rid of it, but only until I mouse over that toolbar and then it reappears! How do I get rid of it, once and for all?


I tried adding


hints.hideAll = "TRUE"

to the .vmx file for the VM and to preferences.ini and neither of those helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...