Thursday 4 October 2018

firefox - IP Address Spoofed? How To Fix


So, today I got banned from the 4 overflows because my IP address was hitting the site like 5,000 times an hour. Right now I am using a different IP to access the site.


My question is, is there a way to stop someone from spoofing my IP address?


or


Is it more likely that there is a virus on my computer that is making all the hit, requiring me to reinstall Windows.


Any help is appreciated.



Answer



If it is explicitly just your IP Address and not a subnet that is detected as attacking,
It is very likely it happened actually from your IP address.


Moreover, it is not easy to spoof a public IP address on the internet.
Where do you get your IP address from?
If it is allocated from a broadband/DSL subscription, it could very well be rotating over other subscribers.


Yet, it would be interesting to know which virus has been attracted towards the stackoverflow servers like this.


Could you have something like the firefox ReloadEvery addon going berserk?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...