Tuesday 16 October 2018

Chrome's fonts look off


So since maybe a week or so, my the fonts on certain websites are looking rather off... They're jagged and often bigger than they used to be.


As an example, here’s the same page in both Chrome and Firefox (note: that the Chrome page used to look like the Firefox page):


Chrome
Click for full size


Firefox
Click for full size


As you can see (hopefully), the font in Firefox is much crisper. And it’s not just this website that doesn’t work properly, there are several others (yet not all, which is weird).


Anybody know how to fix this? I'd rather not switch browsers.


EDIT: Browser version is 31.0.1650.63 m


EDIT: Things I already tried: Resetting to default settings; Trying to enable/disable Direct Write (option isnt available in the list); Adding "/high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1" to executable



Answer



Fixed it! Apparently my Chrome was no longer updating for whatever reason... I managed to fix it with the help of the following link:


http://www.howtogeek.com/186330/how-to-fix-and-adjust-automatic-updating-in-google-chrome/


ADDENDUM: Chrome version 53 had this issue with fonts. The issue was fixed in version 54. Fixing the failed auto-update function allowed the actual fix for the poor font quality issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...