Monday 3 September 2018

networking - Weird phenomenon about my PC's primary & secondary DNS speed

I use DNS Jumper to test the speed of various DNS and this is the result:



Primary: 203.144.207.29 (39 ms)


Secondary: 8.8.4.4 (71 ms)



Primary: 208.67.220.220 (315 ms)


Secondary: 208.67.222.222 (307 ms)


Theoretically I should stick to setting (A) as they are faster.


But when I use setting (A), access to www.taobao.com (a shopping site in mainland China) is extremely slow although still accessible. For other sites around the world they are fast.


I repeated my test many times and it seems that setting (B) is much faster ONLY for www.taobao.com .


I cannot understand this. Why is setting (B) faster than (A) when both DNS servers are not down. Isn't DNS just address-lookup? Why setting (B) gives me faster download when the DNS speed test is much slower?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...