Monday 2 April 2018

windows xp - A program to analyze startup times



I used to have a program that would watch the startup processes as they load, time how long each one took to startup, and then spit out a report on which startup processes are slowing the loading process the most.


I can't remember the name of the software, so I'm hoping somebody here knows of it off the top of their heads..



Answer



BootVis is a performance trace visualization utility that you can use with Windows XP systems.


use this for analasys only, not for optimization! Bootvis does not work with Vista or later.


MSDN's Windows Performance Toolkit, a much better set of tools than the old Bootvis utility. At its most basic, you can use the tools to provide you with a similar graphical display of boot performance which was provided by Bootvis.


and then there is Passmark AppTimer to analyze the startup behaviour of applications.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...