Saturday 21 April 2018

Translation software recommendation for offline use?

I am using Babylon for a while and it is pretty fits often my needs. But I am wondering if exists any good alternatives to it. I specified my needs below:


Key features




  • Broad dictionary support: Beside individual works, big and professional dictionaries like Oxford, Redhouse etc. should be available.




  • Offline use of dictionaries. I am not always have a internet connection. So, I need an offline product.




  • Quick ask, quick find: Babylon can recognize most words appears on the screen with one-click. But as installed dictionary count increases, query performance slow down. Also its GUI becomes heavier in latest versions.




Optional but plus




  • Text translation: Ability to translate sentences.




  • Up to date: Updates itself and dictionaries when connected to internet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...